So, the weather has been less than perfect and hopefully summer is finally on its way! But, for those rainy and cold dreary days, here is a great 20 minute, no mess sensory activity you can do with your toddler.
You can most likely find everything you need at home to make this simple sensory activity that hopefully can give you at least 20 minutes* of independent play! (*based on our own kids and not researched scientifically…this is merely our guestimate lol)
What You’ll Need:
- 1 cup of dry rice
- 1 tablespoon of white vinegar
- 4-5 drops of food colouring
- Ziplock Bag
- Parchment Paper or Foil Paper
- Baking Tray (or something to lay the rice out to dry on)
- Large and Small containers to play with the rice
- Mix the vinegar and food colouring into the ziplock bag
- Add the rice and seal the bag
- Mix the rice by shaking the bag and let the food colouring mixture get all around each granule
- Spread the rice out evenly on top of the parchment paper and allow to dry (approx. 20-40 minutes)
- Repeat with as many colours as you want
- Once dry, put in containers and a large bin or portable bathtub and let your kid go crazy!
- Lay the rice out to dry before nap time so that you can ensure it dries properly
- Use a portable bathtub to hold all the rice
- No need to use any fancy toys, give your kid a couple of tupperware containers or some beach toys
We hope you enjoy this simple sensory activity for your little ones! Make sure to tag us on Instagram and use the #strollinforlattes to show us your version!
PS: Some of our posts contain affiliate links and partnerships, which means if you purchase or sign up – Strollin for Lattes may get something in return. As always..all opinions, ideas and reviews are entirely our own.